The Ultimate Guide to Throwing a 70’s Backyard Party
The 70’s was a time of peace, love, and disco fever. The fashion, music, and culture of the decade are still celebrated today. If you’re looking to throw a fun and unique party, why not go back in time with a 70’s backyard party? In this article, we’ll give you all the tips and tricks you need to throw the ultimate 70’s bash.
The key to a successful 70’s party is the decorations. You want to create a groovy atmosphere that transports your guests back in time. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Hang a disco ball in your backyard to create a dance floor vibe. You can find these at party supply stores or online.
2. Use string lights or neon lights to add a funky glow to your party.
3. Set up a photo booth with props like afro wigs, peace signs, and sunglasses.
4. Create a lounge area with bean bag chairs, shag rugs, and lava lamps.
5. Hang posters of famous 70’s icons like David Bowie, The Beatles, and Elvis Presley.
No party is complete without good food. For a 70’s party, you want to serve up some classic dishes that were popular in the decade. Here are a few ideas:
1. Fondue – This dish was all the rage in the 70’s. Set up a fondue station with cheese and chocolate dips and plenty of dippers like bread, fruit, and vegetables.
2. Jello – Jello was a popular dessert in the 70’s. Make a colorful Jello mold with fruit and whipped cream.
3. Potluck – Ask your guests to bring a dish that was popular in the 70’s. Some ideas include quiche, deviled eggs, and ambrosia salad.
4. Mini burgers – Serve up bite-sized burgers on slider buns with all the toppings.
5. Punch – Make a punch with fruit juice and soda for a refreshing drink that’s perfect for a backyard party.
Music is the heart and soul of any party, and a 70’s party is no exception. Here are some classic hits that will get your guests on the dance floor:
1. Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees
2. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
3. Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind & Fire
4. Dancing Queen by ABBA
5. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
A 70’s party wouldn’t be complete without some groovy costumes. Encourage your guests to dress up in their best 70’s attire. Here are some ideas to get you started:
2. Platform shoes
3. Tie-dye shirts
4. Afro wigs
Games and Activities
In addition to dancing and socializing, you want to have some fun games and activities for your guests. Here are some ideas:
1. Hula hoop contest – See who can keep the hula hoop going the longest.
2. Limbo – How low can you go?
3. Twister – This classic game is always a hit.
4. Karaoke – Set up a karaoke machine and let your guests sing their favorite 70’s songs.
5. Disco dance-off – Have a dance-off with classic disco moves like the hustle and the bump.
With these tips and tricks, you’re sure to throw an amazing 70’s backyard party that your guests will never forget. Remember to have fun and embrace the groovy vibes of the decade. Peace out!