Summer Pudding Bomb Recipe UK
Summer is the perfect season for fresh and fruity desserts. And what’s better than a summer pudding bomb? This classic British dessert is a delicious combination of fresh berries and creamy pudding. In this article, we will walk you through a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect summer pudding bomb in the UK.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the ingredients you will need to make this delicious dessert:
– 400g mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
– 100g caster sugar
– 6 slices of white bread, crusts removed
– 500ml double cream
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
Now that you have your ingredients, let’s get started on making the summer pudding bomb.
1. Begin by washing and hulling all of your berries. Place them in a large saucepan along with the caster sugar and heat over a medium heat for around 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the berries have released their juices.
2. Allow the berry mixture to cool for a few minutes before straining it through a sieve. Make sure to press down on the berries to extract as much juice as possible. Set aside the berry mixture and the juice.
3. Take your bread slices and cut them into circles to fit the bottom and sides of a pudding basin. Dip the bread circles into the berry juice and line the bottom and sides of the basin.
4. Pour the berry mixture into the lined basin and cover the top with more bread slices that have been dipped in the juice.
5. Cover the basin and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight).
6. Once the pudding has set, whip the double cream with the vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks.
7. Remove the pudding from the fridge and turn it out onto a serving plate.
8. Cover the entire pudding with whipped cream, making sure to cover it completely.
9. Decorate the top of the pudding with fresh berries and serve.
– Make sure to use fresh and ripe berries for the best flavour.
– If you don’t have a pudding basin, you can use a bowl or even a glass dish.
– For added flavour, you can add a splash of liqueur to the berry mixture before cooking.
– If you want to make this dessert a bit healthier, you can substitute the double cream for whipped coconut cream.
– This dessert is best served chilled, so make sure to keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
This summer pudding bomb recipe is a great way to impress your guests at any occasion. It’s easy to make, delicious, and bursting with fruity goodness. So, next time you’re looking for a dessert that will leave your taste buds wanting more, give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t regret it!